Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Maid in Sweden (1971)




Director: Dan Wolman

Starring: Christina Lindberg, Monica Ekman, Krister Ekman, Leif Naeslund, Per-Axel Arosenius

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Sweet Innocence Comes of Age

Plot: Maid in Sweden tells the story of Inga, a 16-year-old Swedish girl who leaves her rural home to spend a weekend in the Swedish capital. An innocent with no experience, but with prodigious physical attributes, she has a series of romantic adventures as she throws off the frustrations of her small-town environment.




My rating: 3/10

Will I watch it again? AHHHHHHHH!

#27 on 42nd Street Forever Vol. 1 (part of the TRAILER TRASH PROJECT)

Christina Lindberg stars in yet another movie where she's naked half the time (SURPRISE!) and gets raped (SURPRISE!). The big difference this time is it's her first starring film role. I'm sensing a pattern here...Hmmmm...


Don't get me wrong, I've got no problems whatsoever with her taking her clothes off, but gee whizz, three of her pictures in one week? I've seen her naked so much I feel like we've got something going on. Say, that reminds me...she needs to have my Swedish babies. So in this flick she's something like 16. She goes out on a date with a painter and he rapes her. But wait, she resists at first and then succumbs to him once she realizes she likes it. At the end of the picture her sister's boyfriend...rapes her. Same deal here, she resists like mad and then gives in. Whatever. The music is weak and repetitive and there are more song breaks than a Donnie & Marie Christmas Special. I couldn't wait for it to end. Say, isn't there a township outside of Stockholm called Dullsville? I think that's where this was filmed. If you're interested in Lindberg's assets, you're better off watching THRILLER: A CRUEL PICTURE (1974). At least then you get to see some folks die.


No comments:

Post a Comment