Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Chappaqua (1966)



Director: Conrad Rooks

Starring: Conrad Rooks, Jean-Louis Barrault, William S. Burroughs, Allen Ginsberg, Ravi Shankar, Paula Pritchett, Ornette Coleman

More info: IMDb

Plot: A heroin addict moves to Paris to undergo a sleep cure and begins to suffer a series of strange hallucinations as a result of the drug withdrawal. Scenes from reality alternate with the addict's surreal memories of his childhood in Chappaqua, New York in this chaotic experimental drama.




My rating: 4/10

Will I watch it again? Noop.

#31 on 42nd Street Forever Vol. 1 (part of the TRAILER TRASH PROJECT)

I don't know what to say except the only way I would truly love this film would be to saunter into a theater, take a seat square in the center, take a hit of acid and enjoy 80 minutes of some trippy shit. I'm sure there's a point to this movie but after about 15 minutes I stopped caring. It's a long string of crazy images, music and sound that often don't make any sense unless they were in the mind of someone tripping and maybe that's what this whole thing is. I'm just not going to meditate on it until get the answer nor will I look online for it. I just don't care. One of my friends is about to inherit this flick from me. Hopefully they'll know how to watch it.



No comments:

Post a Comment