Sunday, August 28, 2011

Strike Commando (1987)


Director: Bruno Mattei

Starring: Reb Brown, Christopher Connelly, Louise Kamsteeg, Luciano Pigozzi, Alex Vitale

More info: IMDb

Tagline: A one man war machine!

Plot: While operating behind enemy lines, Sgt. Mike Ransom learns of a Russian presence in North Vietnam. Ordered to obtain proof of this discovery, Ransom returns to enemy territory but is captured and subjected to a variety of tortures. Eventually he escapes to continue his mission despite being hampered by a traitor in his own ranks.



My rating: 4/10

Will I watch it again? No.

STRIKE COMMANDO is an obvious RAMBO II (1985) clone through and through. There's not much different about these two flicks...except the quality. STRIKE is a 'so bad it's good' kind of movie, at least potentially, only it's not good. It would be if you truncated it by half but there's an awful lot of boring to pad the laughably horrid scenes like this one.



Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Did this guy study with Stella Adler? Wow. Now THAT scene is hilarious. Too bad this picture isn't filled with a crapload more of 'em. I really don't have much to say except the trailer got me so excited to see a great dumb ride and then I watched it. It's a great trailer and I would much prefer to watch that 30 times than ever sit through the movie. Mattei followed this masterpiece up with a sequel the very next year. Somehow he managed to get Richard Harris to be in it. STRIKE COMMANDO 2? I'm there. I am so there.

No comments:

Post a Comment