Sunday, May 29, 2011

Star Trek: Insurrection (1998)


Director: Jonathan Frakes

Starring: The usual ST:TNG gang, F. Murray Abraham

More info: IMDb

Tagline: The Battle For Paradise Has Begun

Plot: When the crew of the Enterprise learn of a Federation plot against the inhabitants of a unique planet, Capt. Picard begins an open rebellion.



My rating: 7/10

I think this may have been the only TNG movie I saw in the theater. It seemed familiar but that would have been a while ago. Anyway, I don't know why this one is poo poo'd in the ST community. I liked it. I liked that it was taken more serious than the previous ones, keeping the jokes to a minimum. Riker's facial hair issue was playfully cute and funny. There wasn't as much action as people may have wanted but overall it's a good sci-fi flick. Maybe it's because this one feels like a big screen version of an extended TV episode that people take issue with. Whatever. They can't all Be STAR TREKs 2 and 4. It's nice seeing Jerry Goldsmith's name back on the STAR TREK screen. That's refreshing. I'm looking forward to the next and last one, NEMESIS (Goldsmith's back...yeah!), as I hear it's even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment