Sunday, May 8, 2011

Point of Terror (1971)




Director: Alex Nicol

Starring: Peter Carpenter, Dyanne Thorne, Lory Hansen, Leslie Simms

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Demons long locked in the depths of the mind come to destroy the weak and believing!

Plot: A nightclub singer has nightmares about being involved in adultery and murder, only to wake up and find that they may not be nightmares.



My rating: 4/10

Will I watch it again? Nope.

#75 on Dusk to Dawn Drive-In Trash-o-Rama Show Vol. 1 (part of the TRAILER TRASH PROJECT)

Wow. This is it. After a little more than a year I've finally gotten to the last film on the above-mentioned trailer DVD. I was able to get my hands on nearly all of them. Most of them were bad but there were a few decent ones among the lot. Was it worth it? I'm not so sure but I had a reasonable good time getting through them.


POINT OF TERROR is a so-so drama with a little bit of thriller tossed in toward the end, not to mention the misleading poster and trailer. Carpenter makes a second rate Tom Jones. They play this guy's songs so much that you almost start to like them. I said almost. The version I saw was edited as any foul language was silenced. It's too bad because this picture would have benefited with something seedy like seeing Dyanne Thorne's world class cans. If this version was indeed edited, I'm sure her jungle drums ended up on the cutting room floor 'cause there wasn't a lick of nudity to be found, leaving this to be a standard drama with a little bit of intrigue outside of the wife killing her wheelchair bound husband and manipulating the strange she was getting on the side. It's all gravy for her until that strange wants to get married. Someone's got to go and it should have been me. I'm just glad I'm done with this trailer compilation so I can earnestly move on to the others that offer a higher percentage of entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment