Saturday, May 7, 2011

Carnival of Blood (1970)




Director: Leonard Kirtman

Starring: Earle Edgerton, Judith Resnick, Martin Barolsky, Kaly Mills, Burt Young

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Terror Strikes The Carnival!

Plot: A psychopathic killer uses the carousel ride at a carnival to pick his victims, whom he then murders and dismembers.



My rating: 5/10

Will I watch it again? Nope.

#72 on Dusk to Dawn Drive-In Trash-o-Rama Show Vol. 1 (part of the TRAILER TRASH PROJECT)

I'm a sucker for carnivals and sideshows so this gets a few points for taking place almost entirely at one. The sounds in the background really make a nicely added touch. It's little things like that that can make a low budget flick better than most of its kind. It's cool seeing Burt Young in his first role...


The story's alright and the acting's not bad but for my money, the real star is the midway, the carnival, the games, the food, the sounds, the people. It takes me back to my youth where I spent several years masquerading as The Amazing Ape Boy of the Wild. Hey, the tips were good. CARNIVAL is part of a Something Weird Video double feature with they abysmal CURSE OF THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN (1974). Even the trailers and shorts on the disc are boring. CARNIVAL is the sole bright spot on the entire disc.

No comments:

Post a Comment