Thursday, April 7, 2011

Daughters of Darkness (1971)



Director: Harry Kumel

Starring: Delphine Seyrig, John Karlen, Danielle Ouimet, Andrea Rau, Paul Esser

More info: IMDb

Tagline: These are the Daughters of Darkness... They are waiting for you - They thrive on BLOOD

Plot: A newlywed couple are passing through a vacation resort. Their paths cross with a mysterious, strikingly beautiful countess and her aide.


My rating: 6/10

Will I watch it again? Nope.

#105 on Drive-In Delirium Vol. 2 (part of the TRAILER TRASH PROJECT

This is not the erotic early 70s European vampire horror/thriller to watch late at night when you're sleepy...but I stuck it out. This is also not the vampire flick to watch if you're expecting any of your typical vampire action, either. Noop. This one's a slow burn but it's a sexy, attractive and intriguing slow burn. I pretty much dug everything about it except it mostly takes place in the sole location of a hotel, as beautiful as it may be. When you combine that with 100 minutes of a dialogue-driven horror film, it starts to wear you down - especially when your body is telling you to put down the bottle of wine and razor blade and go to sleep. I liked it but I would've liked a little more oomph to help me through the tough spots.


No comments:

Post a Comment