Saturday, January 8, 2011

Girl in Room 2A (1973)


Director: William Rose

Starring: Daniela Giordano, Raf Vallone, John Scanlon, Angelo Infanti, Karin Schubert

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Now you can see it...

Plot: A sadistic killer cult kidnaps and sacrifices beautiful women. A young girl, just paroled from prison, moves into a strange house and appears to be the cult's next victim.



My rating: 4/10

Will I watch it again? Nooooop.

#52 on Dusk to Dawn Drive-In Trash-o-Rama Show Vol. 1 (part of the TRAILER TRASH PROJECT)

Man, that plot synopsis sounds a hell of a lot more exciting than it really is. Woof. It's not a horrible picture but when you've got something that's essentially a thriller (with horror elements), it's not thrilling until the last ten minutes. That's when things really start to move but by the time they do, they'd lost me. I didn't care anymore. Berto Pisano turns in a really good score, though, except in the last half hour when not much is happening (or I should say when not much is continuing to happen) and the music sounds like it was lifted from a rousing swashbuckler! WTF? I liked it but it didn't fit at all. I'm guessing the director or producer threw it in to pick things up a bit. It sort of helped but then you're left wondering what the hell's going on that deserves this.

No comments:

Post a Comment