Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wizards (1977)




Director: Ralph Bakshi

Starring: Bob Holt, Jesse Welles, Richard Romanus, David Proval, Mark Hamill

More info: IMDb

Tagline: An epic fantasy of peace and magic.

Plot: On a post-apocalyptic Earth, A wizard and his faire folk comrades fight an evil wizard who's using technology in his bid for conquest.



My rating: 5/10

Will I watch it again? No.

#23 on SCI-FI TRAILERS VOLUME 9 & 10 (part of the TRAILER TRASH PROJECT)



I've been meaning to see this for nearly 30 years ever since I kept seeing the VHS cover at every video store. I didn't like it. It bored me. What's more, there's far too much silliness and Andrew Belling's score was obtrusive and annoying. It felt like a cartoon trying to be an adult animated film. I couldn't get behind this no matter how much I tried. I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment