Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pee-wee's Big Adventure (1985)




Director: Tim Burton

Starring: Paul Reubens, Elizabeth Daily, Mark Holton, Diane Salinger

More info: IMDb

Tagline: You will believe a man can ride a bike.

Plot: Eccentric man-child Pee-Wee Herman embarks on the big adventure of his life across the US mainland, as he sets out to find his beloved bike, when it is stolen in broad daylight.



My rating: 7.5/10

Will I watch it again? Absolutely.

Fuckin' hell. I hadn't seen this movie in over twenty years and I laughed my fucking ass off! Is it silly and dumb as hell? You betcha, but there's something about it that pulls me in and slaps me with balloons. Danny Elfman's playful and infectious score helps as does Tim Burton's direction but this movie would be excruciating to sit through if it weren't for Reubens. He's magic and his Pee Wee character is delightful. And one cool thing I dig is how much adult humor is sneaked in.


This just in...Elizabeth Daily has agreed to have my babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment