Monday, December 20, 2010

Motel Hell (1980)


Director: Kevin Connor

Starring: Rory Calhoun, Paul Linke, Nancy Parsons, Nina Axelrod, Wolfman Jack, John Ratzenberger

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Checking in is easy ... Checking out is hell.

Plot: Farmer Vincent kidnaps unsuspecting travellers and is burying them in his garden. Unfortunately for his victims, they are not dead. He feeds his victims to prepare them for his roadside stand. His motto is: It takes all kinds of critters...to make Farmer Vincents fritters.



My rating: 7/10

Will I watch it again? Yes

OMFG this is hilarious. Very nicely done black comedy. The first time I tried to watch it I fell asleep thinking it was the movie but after a second viewing I saw so much that I missed. Must've been tired as hell. MOTEL HELL is funny. Rory Calhoun is a fucking riot. His last line had me in stitches. There's plenty of blood and kills for the gore hounds and it's all wrapped up in a wicked sense of humor and a good score by Lance Rubin. I would love to see a proper special edition of this with some commentary. Horror fans should really dig this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment