Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Hangover (2009)


Director: Todd Phillips

Starring: Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifinakis, Justin Bartha, Heather Graham, Sasha Barrese, Jeffrey Tambor, Ken Jeong

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Some guys just can't handle Vegas

Plot: When three friends finally come to after a raucous night of bachelor-party revelry, they find a baby in the closet and a tiger in the bathroom. But they can't seem to locate their best friend, Doug -- who's supposed to be tying the knot. Launching a frantic search for Doug, the trio perseveres through a nasty hangover to try to make it to the church on time.



My rating: 8/10

Will I watch it again? Oh, yeah!

It's very rare that I'll hit the theater for a comedy that I'm in the dark about. But when I heard so many people and critics carrying on about this one I just had to see for myself and I was not disappointed. It's hilarious from start to finish. Everyone's funny (especially Galifinakis) and the situations don't often end the way you expect them to. That really took me by surprise. The laughs don't stop, either. The biggest gut-buster is during the end credits when you get to see what was on the camera. I laughed so hard that I about pissed myself. Fortunately it held up for a second and third viewing. There's a sequel coming out next year. I'll be there opening weekend for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment