Monday, December 20, 2010

Destroy All Monsters (1968)


Director: Ishiro Honda

Starring: Godzilla, All Monsters, Akira Kubo, Jun Tazaki, Yukiko Kobayashi

More info: IMDb

Tagline: The Battle Cry that Could Save the World!

Plot: Aliens have released all the giant monsters from their imprisonment on Monster Island and are using them to destroy all major cities on the planet. It is up to the daring crew of the super rocket ship X-2 to infiltrate the aliens' headquarters before the Earth monsters and King Ghidrah annihilate the planet.



My rating: 6/10

Will I watch it again? Maybe. I'm so on the fence on this one.

Goddamn that plot makes it sound like one badass motherfuckin' movie, huh? The problem I've found with these Godzilla pictures is that they're only really fun when there's monster action on screen and it's kinda dull when there's not. The same thing applies here except there seems to be a lot more scenes of monster action and guys in rubber suits fucking shit up left and right. It's one of the better ones I've seen but I've got a looooong way to go before I see all of them. This is the only one I've seen since I started this blog in late '07. At this rate we'll have sent man to Mars before I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment