Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lady Dynamite (1973)



Director: Giuseppe Vari

Starring: Lidia Alfonsi

More Info: IMDB

Plot: Donna Costanza is married to a New Jersey mafia boss. During their 10 year wedding anniversary party he is shot and killed. His dying words to her are "Giarratana from Palermo". Costanza takes a trip to Palermo in order to avenge the death of her husband. Her target is Don Giarratana, a dangerous and influential Italian politician.

My Rating: 4.5/10

Would I watch it again? nope

Lady Dynamite! AHHHHHHHHHH!

I'm not wasting any more time on this than I already have watching it. It's not good but it's not horrible. If you can get past the over-use of the waltz theme and the cheesy Hammond organ/fuzz guitar/jaw harp (doing, ding, dang, dong, doing), you're better than I am.

How do you get girls wearing socks like that ? I just don't get it.

One cool think I kind of dug was that you don't get to know anyone in this movie for very long before they're dead. That was neat. Just when you get used to somebody...BAM! One cat is going up to an apt when he's jumped by two thugs out of nowhere, then beat the shit out of him and then toss him over the railing. Nice.


An average at best Italian crime picture with very little in the way of anything interesting.

This guy is a badass, he barely says a word and he doesn't show up until the end of the film. I probably would have been better if I showed up at the end as well.



For those of you playing the game sensation that's sweeping the nation, Spot the J&B Bottle, there are no less than 5 different scenes in this one including a stack of cases of the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment