Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Man on Fire (2004)


Director: Tony Scott

Starring: Denzel Washington, Dakota Fanning, Marc Anthony, Christopher Walken, Mickey Rourke

More Info: IMDB

Tagline: A Promise To Protect. A Vow To Avenge

Plot: In Mexico City, a former assassin swears vengeance on those who committed an unspeakable act against the family he was hired to protect.



My Rating: 7/10

Would I watch it again? Sure

Here's another "I've done bad things in the past. I'm a drunk because of my actions. I'm worthless but maybe there's a chance I might be able to redeem myself by doing this one thing" kind of movie. The difference is that it's directed by the most capable Tony Scott and it stars Denzel Washington.

I liked it. every once in a while I'd start bitching at the the TV because they were setting up cliches. Fortunately, the film makers heard my advice while I was watching it and they didn't go in some directions I thought they were. Thanks for turning a cliche on its end just for me. Hahaha.

The action's great, the setting is great and it's a very good film overall. Surprisingly singer Marc Anthony isn't that bad of an actor. He still needs work but it's a good start. Fanning is good but not THAT great like everyone says. She's definitely better than most every child actor out there now. It's good to see Walken doing something a little different. He gets some great lines including this one:

Rayburn (Walken): A man can be an artist... in anything, food, whatever. It depends on how good he is at it. Creasey's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment