Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Airplane! (1980)


Director: Jim Abrahams, David Zucker, Jerry Zucker

Starring: EVERYONE

More Info: IMDB

Tagline: You've read the ad, now see the movie!

Plot: When the crew of an airplane are struck by some form of virus, the fate of the passengers depends on an ex-war pilot who is the only one able to land the plane safely! The passengers represent a selection of interesting wacky characters who seem to take every word for its literal meaning.

My Rating: 9/10

Would I watch it again? Do you like movies with gladiators in them?

You've seen it. We've all seen it. It's a classic. I haven't seen this since the mid 80s and I'm pleasantly surprised that it's stood up so well. I laughed my freaking ass off all the way through. ALL the way through. Usually comedies like this will die off before the end but this one doesn't let up. It's loaded with gags and many scenes have multiple simultaneous gags. Great stuff. I certainly won't wait another 20 years to see it again.

Shiiiiiit! (Golly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment