Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Jaws (1975)


Director: Steven Spielberg

Starring: Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw, Richard Dreyfuss, Lorraine Gary, Murray Hamilton

More Info: IMDB

Tagline: Don't go in the water

Plot: When a gigantic great white shark begins to menace the small island community of Amity, a police chief, a marine scientist and grizzled fisherman set out to stop it.


My Rating: 10/10

Would I watch it again? Bigger Boat YES

Everyone's seen this. It's amazing. John Williams' classic score. Robert Shaw's BADASS iconic monologue about the U.S.S. Indianapolis. The gazillions of people who were traumatized in the 70s from going swimming in the ocean. Great film. 29 year old Spielberg's first of many masterpieces. It's a remarkable film on so many levels. I watched it outside on my 12'x9' screen and it's as awe-inspiring as ever. I'm sofa king jealous of my friend, Steve, who just saw it in the theater for the first time that way in over 30 years. Lucky bastard.

UPDATE: 9-24-13 - I just saw this in a theater for the very first time.  The screen was huge and the print was stunning.  Wow!  Just wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment