Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Heavy Metal (1981)


Director: Gerald Potterton

Starring: John Candy, Joe Flaherty, Harold Ramis, Eugene Levy, John Vernon

More Info: IMDB

Tagline: A Step Beyond Science Fiction

Plot: A glowing orb terrorizes a young girl with a collection of stories of dark fantasy, eroticism and horror.



My Rating: 5/10

Would I watch it again? Nope

I can't believe that I've lived this long without seeing this movie. Now I can believe that if I live to be 1,000 I will never see this movie again. It's great if you're ten years old. It's an anthology with only one decent story (the last one, if I remember right). Everything else is just OK. Nothing special.

If there's one thing I learned about outer space from this film it's that there are no women with less than a healthy D-cup, a tiny waist and curvaceous hips.

Good score by Elmer Bernstein, though.

One good thing that came out of this is that a lot of the cab driver story ended up in THE FIFTH ELEMENT (1997).

No comments:

Post a Comment