Monday, September 29, 2008

Bond 08: Live and Let Die (1973)


Director: Guy Hamilton

Starring: Roger Moore, Yaphet Kotto, Jane Seymour

More Info: IMDB

Tagline: Roger Moo7re is James Bond

Plot: 007 is sent to stop a diabolically brilliant heroin magnate armed with a complex organization and a reliable psychic tarot card reader.



My Rating: 8/10

Would I watch it again? Yup


Great introduction to Moore as Bond. I love...

- The all-to-brief New Orleans locale
- George Martin's score
- McCartney's title tune
- Yaphet Koto makes a great villain
- Roger Moore makes a great Bond (they all do in their own way)
- Jane Seymour has HOT written all over her
- AMAZING action set pieces, particularly the boat chase
- Alligator pit sequence rocks


What I don't love...

- just a bit too much of the HILARIOUS J.W. Pepper


It's loads of fun and I really enjoy it. This is the only non-John Barry Bond score I like (until David Arnold came on the scene with TOMORROW NEVER DIES (1997)).

Scorethefilm will return with his thoughts to...

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN (1974)

No comments:

Post a Comment