Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Star Wars (1977)


Director: George Lucas

Starring: Harrison Ford, Mark Hamil, Carrie Fisher

More Info: IMDB

Tagline: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Plot Outline: Luke Skywalker leaves his home planet, teams up with other rebels, and tries to save Princess Leia from the evil clutches of Darth Vader.

My Rating: 10/10

Would I watch it again? Duh?



I saw this in the summer of '77 when I was 8 years old. It changed my life. For about 6 or 7 years after I saw it I ate, drank and slept Star Wars. Probably the last time I gave a shit about christmas was back in the early 80s when it meant I'd be getting some new Star Wars toys. What else was there?

It's fun, adventurous and beautiful. My top 3 favorite movies of all time are 1) RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK 2) STAR WARS and 3) THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. That's all I need to say. Oh, except that Luca$ can take the film footage of Greedo shotting first, swallow it (leaving the tail end of it hanging out of his mouth), shit it out (not sure which end that would be on Luca$) and have some fucking Ewoks on one end and Jar Jar on the other having a tug of war. Who would win? We would!

No comments:

Post a Comment