Thursday, June 19, 2008

Chinese Super Ninja (1982)


Director: Chang Cheh

Starring: Cheng Tien-Chi, Lo Meng

More Info: IMDB

Tagline: Five complete elements, one surviving ninja, what could possibly go wrong?

Plot: A young martial artist seeks revenge on the Ninja who kills his martial arts brothers and teacher. He finds help in the form of a new teacher (who knows Ninjitsu) and new brothers. Together the four pupils face the Five Element Ninja challenge: Wood, Earth, Gold, Water, and Fire.

Check out THIS badass trailer. If it doesn't give a kung fu hard on then you're not breathin'.



My Rating: 8/10

Would I watch it again? Chyeah!

I loves me some good kung fu chop socky and this one's right up my alley. The problem the bad one have is there's not enough fighting or there's not much fighting that's entertaining. Well you know right off the bat that there's five elements of evil in this so there's at least five good fights. There's plenty more than that but it's the five elements that steal the show. Each one has a unique look and style and they're all loads of fun.


Sure, the trailer gives away a bit too much but don't let that stop you. After looking this up online I'm pissed to see everything is widescreen and all I've got as a fullscreen copy. I've got to update that. Even in fullscreen it's a total gas to watch.

Here's what you get...

Gold - These ninjas have gold hats that double as Shields and launch knives.
Wood - These ninjas hide inside trees!
Water - These ninjas swim underwater and are also able to skate on top of it.
Fire - These ninjas use colored smoke flares to blind their enemies.
Earth - These ninjas attack from underneath the ground (way fucking cool) first with shooting spears up through the surface then by flying up the the surface to combat their enemies face to face.


They're all fun to watch and after seeing them defeat their enemies it's great to see how they are defeated in the end.

My favorite line?

KUNG FU MASTER: I have been poisoned. I will not be able to use my kung fu for about 3 months.

Classic. Fucking classic. You can't go wrong with shit like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment