Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Vampyres (1974)


Dir: Jose Ramon Larraz

Starring: Marianne Morris, Anulka Dzibinska, Murray Brown, and lots of other people you've never heard of

More Info: IMDB

Tagline: They shared the pleasures of the flesh, and the horrors of the grave!

Plot: A lesbian vampire couple waylay and abduct various passers-by, both male and female, to hold them captive at their rural manor in the English countryside in order to kill and feed on them to satisfy their insatiable thirst for blood.

View trailer: IMDB



My Rating: 7
Would I watch it again? Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy Goo! (Yes)




#49 on Dusk to Dawn Drive-In Trash-o-Rama Show Vol. 1 (part of the TRAILER TRASH PROJECT)

Did you read the plot? Let me ask you again. Did you read the plot? How bad can this be? It's not and that's a real shocker, I know. I really dug this flick. The acting was good, the pacing was great considering a film like this can easily drag on forever. The nudity was tasteful. Bwahahahahahahaha. Get it? Tasteful? It's a vampire movie. Hahahaha. But seriously, these vampire broads were smokin'. What could be better than that? They get off'd in the first minute of the movie while doing naughty things in bed! When a movie starts off like that you know you're in for a treat.


I know what you're thinking. But, DAMN, did you read the plot? Sex and vampires go together so well and this movie's got it in spades. There's more than enough kills to satisfy my taste and the sex isn't gratuitous - it's nicely done. The ending was great but a little vague. I had to watch the last minutes with the commentary on to see if I was on the right track. I wasn't but now I know. Those Europeans and their cryptic endings. Geez. It can be a little slow but it's very satisfying.

I've got the Blue Underground DVD release of this film and it's outstanding. Lots of extras including a commentary track with the director and producer, interview with the two female leads AND THEY STILL LOOK HOT after more than 30 years (!), and trailers et al.

Still not convinced that you NEED to see this movie? Did you read the plot?

No comments:

Post a Comment